PLEASE READ CAREFULLY PRIOR TO ANY USE OF OR ACCESS TO ANY APPLICATION, THE CLIPO SERVICES OR ANY SITES (EACH AS DEFINED BELOW).
As used herein, the “Polyvibe Application” means the software application released by Clipo under the name “Polyvibe” and on any platform, including without limitation, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile; “you”, “yours” and “User” means the user of Polyvibe and/or Services; “we”, “us”, “Polyvibe” and “our” means Clipo. These TOS are immediately effective upon your access to or use of Polyvibe and the Services. If you do not agree to these TOS, you are required to immediately stop all use of and access to Polyvibe.
Information We Collect
What You Directly Provide Us
For you to create a basic Polyvibe account, we need to collect some information about you: a unique username that you choose, a password, an email address we can contact you at, and a phone number. We let you update or correct some of the basic Polyvibe account information by editing your account settings within Polyvibe.
What You Automatically Provide Us When You Use Our Services
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a message, the number of messages you exchange with other users, which users you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message).
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), browser type and language, mobile device phone number, and mobile network information. We also collect certain device information that will help us diagnose problems in the event you experience any crash or other problem while using our Services. So, for example, if we detect a crash or other problematic event, we may collect the list of apps on your device and other information about your device’s performance at the time of the event for troubleshooting purposes.
- Website Log Information. We collect log file information when you use our websites. That information includes, among other things, your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Artificial Intelligence powered emoji for detection of facial expressions. Polyvibe includes an Artificial Intelligence technology capable of detecting facial expressions. This technology powers an emoji that can mimic your facial expressions. When you look at media on Polyvibe you may use this emoji to express your reaction. In an event that you may have an involuntary reaction to media, this technology may detect your reaction. Your reaction to the media, along with other reactions, are aggregated and anonymously reported to the owner of the media you watched. Your actual reaction to the media is not associated with your identity and the owner of the media will not know which user reacted in what specific manner. Furthermore, this technology does not record, transmit, or save an image of your face at any time. Under no circumstances, we save your image or transmit your image out of your mobile device. This technology resides locally on your device as part of Polyvibe and can detect your facial expression. This technology does not transmit any visually identifiable information about you outside of your mobile device. When you make a facial expression, this technology may detect that expression and transmit a number associated with a general human facial expression to our servers, however, this data is anonymized, aggregated and not traceable back to you.
- Gender detection. Polyvibe includes a technology that can detect gender of a person from facial patterns. When you watch media in Polyvibe, this technology may detect your gender, and report an anonymized, aggregated genders of audience back to the owner of the media.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
If another user allows us to collect information from his or her device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through Polyvibe.
Information We Collect When You Contact Us
When you contact the Support team or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer. For instance, if you submit artwork, files, or any other materials to us through our websites, we will collect what you give us.
How We Use Information
We use the information you provide as noted below:
- To provide and deliver the products, services, and functionality that you request, and send you related information;
- We may send you marketing communications on behalf of us or other companies; respond to your comments and questions; provide customer service; and send you technical notices, security alerts, and other informational messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage;
- Develop, improve, and refine products, services, and functionality;
- Personalize the Services by providing advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests. For instance, when you set up an account we may pre- populate certain account information based on the information we collect about you from other users;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Where Information Is Processed
Polyvibe is based in the United States. No matter where you live or where you happen to use our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. We want you to know this because the laws of the United States and those of other countries where your information is processed might not be as comprehensive or protective as laws in the country where you live. And while you’re in another country, know that your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
How We Share Information
Here’s the type of information we may share about you with others and how we do so:
- When you send a message, your recipients will see your username and whatever your message says or shows (whether that’s a photo, video, text, or transaction). When you view content that another Polyvibe user has sent you, we will let the sender know that you saw it, and if we detect that you captured a screenshot of the message, we will try to let the sender know that.
- When you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook. In these cases, we will not display your phone number to these users, but we will share the fact that your username and name are associated with your phone number.
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf.
- With respect to jointly offered Services or functionality or services offered separately by other companies through our Services, we may share information about you with business partners to provide the Services and functionality you request and to communicate with you about those Services;
- We may share information about you in response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is consistent with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, or regulation; to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements
or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Services may also contain third-party links or be a co-branded or third-party-branded Service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links or by using a co-branded or third-party-branded Service, you may be providing personal information directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Services.
Most messages sent through our Services will be automatically deleted once they have been viewed or have expired. You should know that even though our technology prevents receipts of content to fully capture the content with a screen shot, it is possible that the process of wiping the screen of the device to reveal the content is recoded by another camera. When the recipient attempts to capture the screen, even though, he/she will not be able to capture the entire screen, we’ll try to both notify you about the attempted screenshot and send a copy of the partial image that has been captured by the recipient.
Each recipient has a period of 24 hours from the time a message is delivered to view the message. If the message is not viewed, the recipient will no longer be able to view the message. However, the message will stay on our server for an additional 24 hours during which time you can resend the message to the recipient if you decide to do so. After a total of 48 hours the message will be deleted from our server regardless of whether the message has been viewed or not by the recipient.
We can’t guarantee that messages will be deleted within a specific timeframe. And even after we’ve deleted message data from our servers, that same data may remain in backup for a limited period of time. We also sometimes receive requests from law enforcement requiring us by law to suspend our ordinary server-deletion practices for specific information. Finally, of course, as with any digital information, there may be ways to access messages while still in temporary storage on recipients’ devices or, forensically, even after they are deleted.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.